NYCFR COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan
Members responding to all MEDICAL CALLS are required to wear N-95 FACE MASKS - NO EXCEPTIONS.
This will include all of the following,
Medical Assist Calls
- Any and all face to face patient interactions.
- Assisting with patient packaging.
- Carrying of any equipment during MEDICAL CALL.
- Lift assistance for patient care.
- Contact of any kind with patient during MEDICAL ASSISTANCE CALL.
- Any and all family member interactions.
- AS DIRECTED BY ON SCENE OFFICERS
- You must wear N-95 masks and proper PPE during any face to face interactions with patients and family members during extracation.
- You must wear N-95 masks and proper PPE while assisting required interaction with Medical staff inside and outside of vehicle.
Positive COVID-19 Responses
- EMT rendering face to face patient care must be wearing the proper PPE including, GOWN, N-95 MASK, GOGGLES, and GLOVES.
- All other responders are to remain outside unless directed only by FD Officer on scene, any entry will require GOWN, N-95 MASKING, GOGGLES, and GLOVES.
PROPER DECON AFTER CALLS ARE TO INCLUDE.,
- Hand Washing with soap and water, sanitizer if available.
- Red Bio-Hazard Bags for disposal of PPE.
All members should be self monitoring, if you are sick, have a fever, or any symptoms related to COVID-19 you are asked not to respond for calls and please remain at home. Seek proper care through your Medical Professionals.